An encounter with a cockroach

Few days ago, when I had just moved into my new apartment, I encountered a cockroach wondering infront of my room. It was not too big of a size, but was enough to scare me at first sight. I avoided it at first, but the creature kept entering into my room. It was dark brown, and a size of my thumb. I couldn’t smell any scent from this creature, but I had imagined that it was the distant that prevented me from smelling anything. Honestly, I didn’t give it a much attention. it was just an insect, a kind usually avoided by many of us. I tried my best not to step on it, or to make any contact with it. Yet, I did take a close look at it. It had 6 legs, 2 antennas, and had some hairy texture. I thought to myself that this creature definitely isn’t pretty. Although I have not had a close encounter with many of the insects, I know that some of the insects are actually beautiful. Why can’t cockroaches be as beautiful as butterflies? Perhaps then we wouldn’t consider cockroaches as unwelcoming creatures as we do nowadays. I wondered where this creature had come from, and whether there are more of the cockroaches within this building. I mean there should be more, right? I have heard that there are never a single cockroach present where there is any. There should be a bunch of these creatures wondering around, laying eggs. I was frightened. I didn’t want my new home to be trespassed by this unwelcome visitor. Although I did not make a conscious effort to do a formal interaction with it, I tried deliberately to lead it out of the room with the cracker that I had brought from target that morning. It stayed still for like a minute, I thought it was dead. But then it started moving again towards the entrance of my room! An ‘interaction’ was rather pretty much one way, as the cockroach did not seem to have a slightest interest in me; at least, I tried to change the directions of where this cockroach was heading. After few attempts to lead it out of the room, I have finally succeeded! So I would claim that my encounter with the cockroach was successful!  Yet, I am still worrying at this point, about the possible invasion of the cockroaches in my room.